Tuesday 4 October 2016

The quest for the perfect top: Donna blouse



I noticed during me made may that I hardly have any handmade separates. This blouse was the first attempt to try to find the perfect blouse for summer. It is not perfect. I liked the lose shape, the rolled up sleeves, the V-neck and the buttons. The fabric is a cheap coupon form the stoffenspecktakel, not an amazing quality. The stripes are not exactly printed on the grain, so that made it very difficult to match the stripes. 

The thing I don't like as much is the curved hem. It is nearly impossible to finish in a nice way. The neckline is also to low for my liking. The blouse looks nice with a pair of shorts in summer, styled casual.  But it is not something I would wear to work. 

The details:
Pattern: Donna Blouse La Maison Victor May/june 2016
Fabric: stoffenspecktakel €6
Buttons: free (grandmothers stach)

No comments:

Post a Comment